ADVERTISEMENT

IBM launches z15 in India to address hybrid multi-cloud security concerns

IBM launches z15 in India to address hybrid multi-cloud security concerns
Photo Credit: Reuters

US-based IT giant IBM unveiled the all-new enterprise platform z15 in India to manage the privacy of customer data across hybrid multi-cloud environments. 

With z15, a customer will be able to manage access to data via policy-based controls with an industry-first capability to revoke access to data across the hybrid cloud.

The movement of data between partners and third parties is often the root cause of data breaches. In fact, 60% of businesses reported data breach caused by a vendor or third party in 2018, according to a study commissioned by IBM.

With the growing adoption of a hybrid multi-cloud environment, the importance of maintaining data security and privacy grows more acute and challenging. 

Two-thirds of the Fortune 100 companies are using IBM Z because it lets customers process up to one trillion web transactions a day and support massive databases, according to a statement issued by IBM.

After the $34 billion acquisition of Red Hat, which concluded in July, IBM is now working to incorporate its technology within the IBM business including mainframes (Z line).

Last month, IBM announced its intent to deliver Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Z and LinuxONE, which will allow developers to deploy z/OS applications using OpenShift with no special Z skills. This offering will accelerate the transformation to greater portability and agility through integrated tooling.

“Our clients’ business depends on access to data in real-time and analytic insights in a fraction of a second – not minutes, with the ability to control the privacy of that data at a granular level. IBM z15 system protects data and ensures privacy across clients hybrid multi-cloud. z15, built to drive innovation with cloud-native development system, will offer our clients in India the highest levels of stability and availability in order to run mission-critical workloads continuously,” said Vishwanath Ramaswamy, director – systems, India/South Asia.

Most of the businesses have completed 20% of their cloud journey, and z15 will play a crucial role in their digital transformation journey by moving the remaining 80% of the critical workloads to the cloud by delivering a hyper-secure, agile and continuously available platform, the statement added.

Tags
IBM Red Hat z15
Share this Post

Comment(s)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT