HR solutions startup Hyperhire gets funding from South Korea's Springcamp
Artificial intelligence-based human resources (HR) solutions platform Hyperhire has raised a seed funding of $200,000 (Rs 1.39 crore at current exchange rate) from Seoul-based early-stage venture capital firm Springcamp.
The company will use the fresh funds to launch its referral-based recruitment platform Jobket in India, it said in a press statement.
Jobket lists various job descriptions on the platform where users can either self-apply or recommend candidates for the job. The company rewards users if their referred candidate gets hired.
The parent platform Hyperhire is a business-to-business HR solutions platform that uses both artificial intelligence and human intelligence to screen profiles and hire talent for enterprises. Human intelligence is nothing but a pool of experienced professionals from leading companies that the company has put together to screen these profiles and interview shortlisted candidates.
Hyperhire was founded last year by Mingi Daniel Kim, Amrita Gujral and Nakul Sethi.
Deals in the segment
- May 2019: Info Edge (India) Ltd, the parent of job portal Naukri.com, agreed to acquire white-collar recruitment portal iimjobs.com for $11.58 million (Rs 80.8 crore).
- May 2019: Software-as-a-service-based online hiring firm Skillenza raised $1 million in a pre-series A funding round from a clutch of investors.
- March 2019: Homegrown enterprise-tech firm Zoho bought Bengaluru-based hiring automation startup ePoise Systems for an undisclosed sum in its first-ever acquisition.
- February 2019: Qandle, a cloud-based HR management and employee engagement platform for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), raised $1.2 million (Rs 7.7 crore) in a pre-Series A funding led by Hong Kong-headquartered venture capital firm Redwood Internet Ventures Ltd.
- January 2019: Human resources firm Shortlist Professionals raised $2 million in a fresh funding round led by US-based impact investment firm Blue Haven Initiative.
- October 2018: Human resources consulting firm Mercer acquired Gurugram-based online skills assessment startup Mettl for an undisclosed amount.
- April 2018: Gurugram-based HR tech startup Benepik Technology Pvt. Ltd raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from a group of investors, including Vishal Bali, managing director at Nielsen China.