Bengaluru-based InnovationQore has selected its first cohort of 25 Indian startups in its accelerator programme Turbostart, four months after it launched the flagship programme in mid-October.
The October plan was initially to select 20 startups a year in two seasons, January and June, from InnovationQore’s total corpus of about $7 million. But the maiden edition decided to increase the number to 25.
“There were significant contributions from the fintech sector. With new age technologies such as AI (artificial intelligence), IoT (internet of things) and machine learning making inroads into the logistics sector, efficiencies can be greatly improved. Applications also came in from the edutech sector which is on the cusp of becoming the next sunrise sector. Engaging content is the demand of the day, with AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality) and ML contributing significantly to how students understand concepts better,” Ganesh Raju, founder and CEO at InnovationQore said in a statement on Wednesday.
The select startups have been granted $1 million each.
Apart from the funding, the six-month sector-agnostic programme will help the startups in aspects ranging from product positioning, human resource management, brand and digital strategy, marketing and sales to taxation, legal, regulatory compliance services.
The startups, which were chosen from a pool of over 1,000 applicants, are:
- Sciative Solutions: A startup that develops automated dynamic price optimisation systems through big data, AI and Machine-to-Machine interactions.
- Tathya Earth: A platform which uses machine learning and computer vision technologies to provide near real-time factual insights on economic indicators.
- Argoid: An autonomous consumer insights platform that uses AI-enhanced data ingestion, AI-enhanced data curation, consumer insights and autonomous AI/ML to improve accuracy.
- Fluid Robotics: A startups that provides robotics and AI for water resource management.
- D-Bookstore: An edtech, virtual publishing, digital book distribution and selling platform. The startup links educational institutions, professors, publishers and students around the world.
- LearnCab: An edtech platform that provides a unique e-learning model to help aspirants study digitally.
- Edugorilla: An educational community that focuses on the largely untapped field-state level exams.
- Quiznext: An edtech platform that claims to make revision interesting and engaging.
- Irillic: A healthtech platform, provider of fluorescent imaging for real-time blood and lymph imaging with equipment made in India.
- Gokhana: A foodtech platform that offers organised food services to simplify the dining experience.
- Carditek: A healthtech startup, maker of 12 lead patch wearable ECG (electrocardiogram) that is expected to revolutionise the way ECGs are taken.
- Shilps Sciences: A healthtech platform that claims to have solved gene editing by accelerating single gene cell applications with higher yields.
- NebulARC: A logistics platform that orchestrates the supply chain through asset lifecycle management.
- Transo: A trucking and logistics internet of things platform on mobile.
- Transportal: A two-way car rental software as a service product that aims to change the car rental ecosystem.
- Moneytouch: A fintech platform, a financing platform for IFAs.
- DOQFY: An AI-powered platform that helps users organise legal documents and offers professional services with last-mile service delivery.
- PiChain: A regulatory-tech platform that refines compliance through a cognitive compliance platform that is easy to use, intelligent and involved.
- Sightryt Vision: A business that aims to drive easy access to eyecare in tier-II cities.
- Kahanibox: An interactive story platform which allows audiences not only to consume but also interact and influence stories.
- Project Pro: A low-code automation platform that provides finished and ready to use solutions to developers.
- Placements365: A placement automation software program that minimises hassles for company placement managers and students.
- Zoodify: A group communication platform that identifies important notifications, allows parallel chats and respects user privacy.
- Goldseat: A mediatech platform that provides offline entertainment to passengers.
- Smartpuja: A B2C platform which is a one-stop-solution for Vedic needs.