21 Feb, 2020
TechCircle’s podcast TechThisWeek brings you news and insights, wrapped up in a weekly roundup of the following hand-picked developments in the startup and enterprise technology ecosystems in India.
- Former IBM country head Karan Bajwa is headed to Google Cloud. He is expected to take charge of the India cloud business of the Mountain View, California headquartered technology giant, TechCircle reported on Thursday. Bajwa is a technology industry veteran, having spent nearly two decades in the sector in senior executive roles across companies.
- In a busy week for funding in the technology startup space, investors cut fresh cheques to back edtech startups. General Atlantic made its second education bet this month with Unacademy’s $110 million growth round fundraise.
- Delhi-based logistics management platform FarEye, is likely days away from closing a $40 million funding round led by Eight Roads Ventures. The investment arm of Fidelity International invested $32 million round at digital adoption solutions provider Whatfix.
- In another quiver to Quikr’s valuation, Stockholm headquartered investment firm AB Kinnevik devalued its 17% stake in the online classifieds company Quikr to $96.9 million from $175.3 million. The Bengaluru-based startup’s overall fair market valuation fell to $569.9 million against its September status of a unicorn.
- Application Program Interfaces (APIs) are at risk with about 75% of all credential abuse attacks between 2017 and 2019 in the financial services industry directly targeting the communication protocol, according to a report by global cybersecurity and cloud computing provider Akamai Technologies.