1 May, 2020
The latest episode of the TechThisWeek podcast brings you news and insights, wrapped up in a weekly roundup of the following hand-picked developments in the startup and enterprise technology ecosystems in India.
- While the $190 billion Indian IT services industry could be staring at a washout financial year, the BFSI (banking, financial services and insurance) sector may come to the rescue.
- TCS is now contemplating remote working as a long term strategy. The department of telecommunications (DoT), has granted permission to IT companies to enable their employees to work from home from till July 31.
- Deal making activity in tech startups dipped this week. Of the deals that happened, online news and media startups were in focus.
- Venture capital firm Sequoia Capital India’s accelerator programme Surge announced the names of 15 early-stage startups, which made it to its third cohort.
- Google is now making its video conferencing platform Meet free for anyone in coming weeks.