Mumbai court checks defamatory link between FAU-G and late actor Sushant Singh Rajput

Mumbai court checks defamatory link between FAU-G and late actor Sushant Singh Rajput
Photo Credit: Thinkstock
18 Sep, 2020

The Bombay City Civil Court on Thursday passed a restraining order against unknown users on various social media platforms for drawing “defamatory” links between Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar backed FAU-G and its development with late actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

nCore Games, in late August and early September, approached the police cyber cell to report on online material contesting the company’s ownership of the game’s idea. The material, through several posts on Twitter and LinkedIn, suggested that FAU-G (Fearless And United Guards) had been conceptualized by Rajput.

People have been restrained from posting, reposting, sharing and sending tweets, posts, messages and videos that suggest a link between FAU-G and Rajput, the court said, labelling the information as defamatory in nature.

Related: Actor Sushant Singh Rajput launches emerging-tech startup

Additionally, defendants representing social media platforms of Facebook, YouTube have also been directed by the court to communicate the order passed to competent authorities and report compliance to the court.

Twitter, Google and LinkedIn have made a statement before the Court that they shall communicate the passed order to competent authorities to ensure compliance. 

“We will be prosecuting such miscreants/anti-social elements in furtherance of the criminal complaint already filed before the law enforcement authorities… We thank the judiciary and our advocates, vertex partners, for all the effort and the support we received from them in these trying times and to successfully represent us,” GOQii and nCore said in a statement.

The material, apart from FAU-G, also linked smart wearables maker GOQii’s recently launched wearable that was made for Covid-19 remote health management to have been conceptualised by Rajput.

Founded in 2018 by Dayanidhi MG, nCore develops and publishes mobile games, particularly mid-core games, for the Indian market. The company raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Vishal Gondal, founder of GOQii and Indiagames, in March 2019.

Days after the Indian government banned 118 Chinese mobile apps, including gaming app PUBG, Bengaluru-based nCore Games, early September, said it will launch an action game, FAU-G.

The multiplayer game is based on real scenarios encountered by the Indian security forces to deal with both domestic and foreign threats, a company statement said during its announcement.

Its first level is set in the Galwan Valley backdrop, followed by third-person shooting gameplay in the subsequent releases, the statement said, adding that it will be accessible on Google Play and App Store, late October.

Comment(s)